Monday 26 March 2012

Revisiting our Roots

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I re-visited our old grove a while back. It was wonderful to see the trees thriving and the new owners taking as much pride and care in them as we did.

It might be because I’m biased, but I’m convinced they are the most beautiful looking olive trees around. I must admit, it is easier to maintain 2,000 trees compared to 20,000. Nevertheless, the pictures speak for themselves don’t you think!

And what, you may be asking, do olive trees have to do with Olieve & Olie? Well, did you know there is Australian extra-virgin olive oil in each and every one of our products? And, did you know that many ‘so-called’ olive oil skin care products don’t actually contain olive oil, and some even contain palm oil aswell? I won’t go into palm oil right now, but if you don’t know why you shouldn’t use it, then google it. That's right folks, it pays to read the ingredients list on the back because it's cool to be natural and organic these days and sadly few products actually are.


 

1 comment:

  1. They really are the most beautiful olive trees! Love your work & what you are doing to source from local producers. :) Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete